When you are a freelancer in a poor country
- Paypal is not available in your country while 90% of customers in the West use Paypal
- You want to monetize your Youtube channel, but monetization is not available in your country
- Your identity documents are not accepted by any platform
- A wire transfer can steal you up to 30 dollars in commission on your 100 dollars that you receive
- When you say you come from a poor country, racism and contempt usually show on the faces of your customers
- When you give your price to a customer, he retorts: “But damn, in your shitty country, you live on 10 dollars a month and you dare ask me 10 dollars for an article, you’re slaver!“
- Out of 10 jobs you do, you won’t be paid for 6 of them, because the client knows you can’t do anything against him.
- For 1 contract job, the client asks you to make 100 changes and he freaks out when you charge him for these changes.
- After 10 years of Freelancing, the Freelancer in a poor country is poorer than when he started while his clients have become rich like pigs.